Pretty much every enterprise, small or big, public or private, these days is sitting on a sizable number of assets. These assets can be organized into asset groups - which often are also called fleets. Though traditionally fleets are seen as asset groups that are more mobile in nature. In addition, assets can also be assigned to asset categories for ease of management and reporting.
Asset management tools are aplenty in the market - some as modules within large scale ERP software tools; and some as small scale stand-alone tools. Given the price ranges and the extent of features, most are lacking in delivering the right Return on Investment (RoI).
Against this backdrop, SRISYS has felt that it can draw upon its vast experience gained while supporting large scale distribution, logistics and manufacturing clients and design and develop a robust and comprehensive application that truly adds value from the very first minute. "Fleet Asset Manager" is borne out of this feel and thought.
Primary objectives that SRISYS has set to be served using Fleet Asset Manager include:
- Enterprises should be able to define fleets and assign resources to be directly or indirectly responsible for the same
- Define and manage asset categories; and assign the same to assets
- Create and manage asset records; organize the same into fleets; assign asset categories to assets
- Move assets across fleets
- Attach ancillary assets to primary assets; and detach ancillary assets from primary assets as needed
- Be prompted by the system about the impending Preventative Management (PM) schedules against assets - so they can be moved to a repair center and/or PM activities against the asset as needed
- Track all maintenance activities against each asset, irrespective of whether the maintenance is of PM type or due to breakdown
- Review the maintenance activity history to decide if the asset needs a serious overhaul or must be retired
- Understand the overall costs of the assets in use - decide if new assets need to be inducted
- Decide on the method of induction of the assets - buy, lease, etc
- Track parts movement as they get used in the maintenance activities
- Track labor as they get used in the maintenance activities
- Maintain vendors, purchase orders and purchase agreements
- Receive parts against purchase orders already issued out
- Maintain manufacturer data
SRISYS has also considered the following in the development of this Application:
- Ease of Use and Maintenance
- Total Cost of Ownership
- Data Security Concerns